Sunday, March 01, 2009

Energizer Bunny on Crack!!!


On Friday night, I awoke at about 3am to what sounded like the Energizer Bunny on crack emulating from a dance club across the street from our backyard area. Normally if it's a nice regular sounding club bump in 4/4 I can totally sleep to that; my heart just syncs right up with the rhythm and I'm happy as a clam, but this was some crazy sounding tribal beat with pauses and weird timings. I finally decided at about 3:30am to try and drown out the sound with some white noise and I got out our humidifier, filled up the water reservoir and brought it into our room. I was plugging it in, setting it up when all of the sudden water starts flowing like a river out of one of the legs. As I would move it to sop up the water, the water would keep on flowing. So I gave up and put it in the bathtub and went to sleep on the couch at 3:50am even though the club probably closed at 4am. It was not happy times. I also was swearing and woke Megan up too and she really needs her beauty sleep. Good thing this only happens on the weekend... the restful, relaxing, weekend.

3 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Di (not Dee) said...

Megan, slap the boy. What does he mean by "(she) really needs her beauty sleep"? Them's fightin' words! ; )
What I would like to know is what curse words were you using?

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Thanks for sticking up for me Di. I am not sure what he means by my "really needing beauty sleep" but rather than assume he means that I'm physically ugly in the morning if I don't I'm going to assume he means emotionally ugly - eg. cranky pants (that I can get behind).

Also, I believe he used the "F" word.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Theo B. said...

Megan sure does need her interior beauty sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home