Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time Flies When You're having Fun!!!


It's already Ash Wednesday which means spring is right around the corner. This winter has really flown right by so I'd like to recap on some of the wonderful things that have happened.

1. Megan's 30th birthday and bi-annual cheap beer tasting competition. This year the field was tight (except for Natural Light) but Schaefer ruled supreme beer of the cheap beers (only $6.29 per 12 pk, great for these difficult financial times)
2. We went snowshoeing up in Southern VT, our first visit to the state. It was very scenic and good exercise. Highlights of the trip include finding my pinkie in a cigarette hole in the comforter when I woke up in our cheap hotel, waiting for several hours to get into a restaurant because we forgot it was Valentines Day, and walking across a few frozen water hazards.
3. Getting pulled over on our bikes for riding 1/2 a block on a vacant sidewalk at 11:30pm at night in 19 degree weather. My guess is that the cop sitting in front of the Dunkin' Donuts that we rode by saw a prime opportunity to pull over someone without actually getting out of the car. It took him 20 minutes to write our summonses while we sat there freezing our butts off. What a big frickin' joke.
4. Going to Washington to visit family and friends for the holidays. We got to see almost both of our ENTIRE families and visit some of the old favorite haunts.
5. Killing a mouse. I saw some droppings and went out to purchase one of the old-skool mouse-traps after listening to a This American Life on mouse trap innovations. Two days later... dead mouse. For some reason I really enjoy killing mice. It must stem from fond memories of my childhood and rodent infestations of our house in CA. Ahhh the good ol' days.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Di (not Dee) said...

Really?!? Your house was infested? I had no idea. I always liked mice (but not rats), and Jas never mentioned it. In any case, glad you used the old skook trap, and not the bucket of anti-freeze w/ the ramp leading up to it, or, worse, the gas chamber!!! Man, that segment of TAL was hilarious and horrific at the same time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home