LOTR & Brooklyn Half

For the last few days I've felt pretty crappy in general. I haven't left the house for about 36 hours and I'm really congested. One of the nice things about being sick is not doing anything but watching movies. I watched about 5 hours of the Lord of the Rings. It is soooo good. I would highly advise re-watching it if you have the opportunity to be sick.
In other news, last weekend I ran in the Brooklyn Half-Marathon! It was a blast!!! I especially loved running on the boardwalk at Coney Island (besides the fact that people were tripping and falling all around me due to the dilapidated conditions of the boards). This was my first half-marathon and the furthest I've ever run, 13.1 miles. Overall I got 1242nd place and I ran it in 1:41:56 which was far better than I expected. I even had a few friends cheering me on at mile 11 which was wonderful. I'm thinking of trying for the New York Marathon lottery for this fall... wish me luck!

2 Comments:
1242nd! I'm so proud of you, little buddy! No, really, it may seem like sarcasm, but I'm serious. I would've collapsed three blocks into it.
Robb's doing his 1/2 today in Macau! Go, Robbie, go!! (I finally figured out my username and password, so I can contribute, even to ooold posts. Go, Marea, go!)
Post a Comment
<< Home