Chinese Christmas

Megan and I are slowly adjusting to life in China which is getting a lot easier with the 30 cent beers and $2 leg massages. We has a 16 hour flight which was full of stretching, reading, movie-watching, sleeping, and more movie-watching. I was able to watch Elf two times in a row and I do have to say that it gets funnier every time.
Our niece, Avery is adorable and we've been enjoying getting to know her and her wonderful sausage-limbs. Megan made her a little dress which she looks fabulous in. It's been great catching up with Mar, Robb, and Judah, seeing what their life here in China is like. They are on the mainland of China, just across from Hong Kong. We will be celebrating Christmas with them here at their home with some friends from the school they work at.
Apparently the Chinese think Santa is a drunk genie. Whenever they have pictures of him, he's got a big mug full of beer and one picture of him has him coming out of a genie lamp that a reindeer is rubbing. Know wonder he's so jolly all the time!
We got to tour the local Wal-Mart yesterday which had a ton of interesting foods including dried pigs face. We took a tour of the local park and checked out some of the local shopping. I'm looking forward to an early morning bike ride with Robb and his friend this morning, but it sounds like it's raining so I'm not sure that it's going to happen. Love to all and Merry Christmas!!!

1 Comments:
Dudes!!! I hope you brought me back a pig's face!
Post a Comment
<< Home