Air Conditioned Cubicle
Yesterday I came to work in my slacks and long sleeve dress shirt only to find out that the air conditioning in our office was broken. Not good. As if sitting in front of a computer inside a cubicle all day wasn't enough, it's 100 times worse when it's in the upper 80's. I was sweating and squinting at the computer screen since we had to open the windows and the ball of fire in the sky was reflecting off my screen. My computer fan was whining at a volume I'd never heard before, it sounded more like a blow dryer.
In the end, our boss bought everyone ice-cream bars and I had my first Choco-Taco.
Today the a/c is still broken and it's supposed to be in the 90's. They shut down our office. Life IS good. I haven't had a surprise this nice in quite awhile.

3 Comments:
SCORE! Ice cream, followed by a day off from work!!!!!
This is awesome. One would not think that "the man" would be so understanding. The Choco-Taco looks yummy.
I think it's actually illegal to have people there if it's hotter than a certain temp. The Choco Taco is the equivalent of what most people would know as the waffle cone with the dipped top.
Post a Comment
<< Home