Saturday, July 07, 2007

Cockroaches

Last night I killed a giant cockroach in our kitchen. It was HUGE! It screamed right before I smacked it with my shoe. It looked similar to this:
I saw it on the wall above our fridge and hollered over to Megan to get the fly swatter. She quickly gave it to me and I then realized that a fly-swatter would probably feel like a back scratch to this thing. Megan pointed me to my shoes which I just took off. WHAM!!! Ewweee! Gross. I just hope we aren't sleeping with its' babies tomorrow night. Anyone want to come over for dinner!?

2 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Blogger Di (not Dee) said...

Mmmmm. Sounds crunchy. I hear they're good dipped in honey.

In Ecuador they're huge, and they fly, too. That is super special!!!

I particularly liked your description of its death cry.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger aaron said...

Death cry??!? Thank the good Lord that there aren't any such beasties in Seattle (leastwise that I know of...). I almost wish I could've been there to see you--I'm sure you both made the moment joyfully dramatic.

Peace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home