18 degrees and all is well

Every Thursday evening Megan and I go to the Park Slope Food Co-op to shop for our groceries for the week. It's hard to fathom how much all the food and packaging two people eat in one week until you carry it for several blocks and a train ride and then a few more blocks. Beer, Milk, Apples, Maple Syrup, and Bananas are all very heavy items. We like to fill up a backpack with the heavy stuff and it normally starts to pinch on our neck and shoulders until the carrier gets a headache. Tonight we waited for the 2 train from 10:02pm until 10:27pm. It was not a fun experience and I even at one point said, "If the next train isn't a 2, I'm going to gouge out my eyes and throw them onto the train tracks!" Luckily the next train was a 2. My right leg was freezing cold. It's freakin' FREEZING! FREEEEEEZING!!!!!

5 Comments:
Beer, eh? You can pick that up at the corner store. Don't carry it around on your back, buddy!
I love your gingerbread mutants.
How's the beer in NY?
I too love the mutants. Also, that you have the gumpton to carry your food back to your house. As someone who used to have to shop and carry a weeks worth of food in a backpack, or balance plastic bags in one hand while riding a bike for a few miles, I appreciate this.However, in modern times and a city with pavement, why not just get one of those push carts, or a rolling suitcase/backpack deal.
A valid question Julie. We attempted the rolling cart for several weeks. While it was easier on the back, it was a pain in the butt due to the beautiful and uneven slate that Brooklyn has to offer. It seemed that we were zig-zagging down the sidewalk more than anything and it wasn't worth the pain. The beer at the co-op is far superior to the beer around the corner and it's a lot cheaper. It's something I can't pass up.
It has to be warmer than 18 degrees by now, tell my another story.
Post a Comment
<< Home