Off/Back
Wow. What to say...
First I have to thank my wonderful husband Theo for his unyielding support, bravery and encouragement over the past few months. Pre, during and post-move he has been a real trooper and I couldn't have done any of it without him. Secondly, you can all thank him (or not) because he is making this blog possible. Man you gotta love the guy.
Enough.
From reading the title you may have many ideas as to what Off/Back is, it can be construed so many ways. If you choose to read on you will find two senarios in particular I'm thinking about:
1a. We went OFF to New York in late July and now we are returning BACK to Seattle for my one and only brother Richard's wedding taking place this Sunday. We are very excited about this event, though probably not as much as my brother and soon to be sister-in-law, because it's been two years in coming. It's hard to believe that there are only three days left after such a wait. We are very happy and thrilled that we can be part of it!
1b. We are OFF to Seattle. We fly out of JFK at 6:10pm tomorrow afternoon and land in Seattle at 9:35pm on American Airlines flight 269. We will be coming BACK to New York from SeaTac on American Airlines flight 268 leaving at 9:20am, with a 5:35pm landing at JFK .
2. Off/Back can also be referring to my absence in the format of communication to most of you. When we moved I basically went OFF my rocker, going hog-wild trying to settle into life in the Big Apple (which no one calls it by the way, though I have seen it referred to as Gotham). After the first month of craziness, which Theo has been so diligent in keeping you all up dated on, I started school which proved to help give me more of a foundation. Now that I have been in school for a month, AND LOVING IT, I feel like my feet are pretty stable and I am starting to resurface and reestablish contact, I'm BACK.
My honey beckons me to cease typing and come read to him. I have been reading him The Miraculous Journey of Edward Toulane for the last two nights, tonight will make three. It's at an exciting part now, I must go.

1 Comments:
Great to hear from you, Meg!! I thought T. would never shut up.
Just kiddin', little buddy.
Have a great time in Seattle! Hugs to the new sis-in-law.
Post a Comment
<< Home