Saturday, August 12, 2006


Since my last posting, we’ve been in the process of accumulating other peoples’ unwanted junk via craigslist. This is easier said than done, especially with no car. For example we got a great deal on a little coffee table ($10) but to get it back home we needed to flag down a taxi-van ($20). It’s a real pain in the butt trucking (shlepping in New York language) stuff around on the subway. Megan had a fun time taking a vanity mirror on the subway because everyone was checking themselves out. We got these really messed up but really comfortable chairs (of which I’m sitting in one now) and had a heck of a time trying to find a way to get them home. We eventually called a car service and some random guy in an unmarked SUV showed up. It was very strange, especially not knowing how much he was going to charge.

We’ve met a lot of cool people just buying their stuff… Olga, Liz, Katie. I think it’s our new way of making friends.

Back to the Starbucks lady discussion:

I’m definitely not dreaming here and you’ll see why:




The picture I took is the one on the left and their generic logo is the one on the right. Notice the curvature of the upper lip on the picture I took.



So we still haven’t received our Door-to-door storage box, but it should arrive in New York City on Monday and we’ll probably get it shortly thereafter. In the meantime we’ve decided to paint over the piss-yellow in the hallway and the kitchen. It was a lot of work, but it really made a huge difference.

We got to see Jeremy Enigk last night. He’s my favorite musician. The show was at the historic Bowery Ballroom and one thing I noticed at the show was that everybody was white. In such a hugely diverse place as New York, the entire crowd was white. I guess I like white music and that’s what Jeremy Enigk plays. I also like Jurassic 5.

Tomorrow we get to see Deerhoof in McCarren Park Pool, an old empty pool that’s been turned into a venue for free! I’m excited.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Di (not Dee) said...

When you have some time, go to the Lower East Side Tenement Museum!

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home