2007 Pfalz Point Trail Challenge
This past Sunday was the culmination of 2 months of running training. The Pfalz Point Trail Challenge is in the Mohonk Preserve, 90 miles north of NYC and offers amazingly beautiful views while you sweat out 10 miles of intensive trail running. The run was hard and I wished I had ran up a few more hills in my training since over half of this trail run feels like you're either struggling up a hill or sprinting down the hill you just struggled up. In the end, I finished #117 with a 1:28:26 time. I was pretty darn happy with that seeing as how hilly the terrain was. My calves are killin' me!!! I even saw two doe jump across the trail right in front of me at mile 5-1/4... the conservationists wet dream (my brother would have shot 'em).
I'll have to say this run was a steal at only $25 which included a t-shirt, and a great chili feed after the race all going to benefit the Mohonk Preserve. Now I'm off to my next competition... the Men's Health Urbanathlon!

6 Comments:
It was awesome. I have to say, however, that I was a wee-bit jealous as you and Christy talked about the different landscapes you saw. I was in too much pain and just kept my head forward, trying to finish the race to take it all in. I did love sitting down afterward and seeing the mountains in the distance. It is a beautiful place and, assuming we aren't too far away, it might be worth making into an annual trip. New Paltz is a 'cute' little town too.
Way to go, Theo! I can't believe deer were on the path. Loco.
Hey Brother! I sure am proud of you for working hard and achieving your goal- that is really what life is about, and if it helps you stay in shape- awesome. I don't know if I'd have shot both of them. Good luck on the Urbanathon!
JP
darrell, cherl, barrel, carol, farrel, meryl,. . . !
Great job! Congrats...this is a huge accomplishment and you should celebrate by shoveling down a dozen Krispy Cremes!
"my brother would have shot 'em" -
You said, it, buddy! As I write, he's probably skinning the deer he shot this very day (if he had any success). Anyway, rest those calves. 117! 117! 117!
Post a Comment
<< Home