Time Ticks Away, Things Change
I was in Washington for two weeks! Here's some evidence to prove it in case anyone has there doubts later on. I have to give a warning though. It seems that I have gotten a little nostalgic in my late twenties. I don't know what it is that made that happen. It may be that I'm getting smarter and I know when something is good, it may be that I moved across the country and don't see any of this any more. Regardless though, it has happened. I love my friends and family and the North West! Who would have thought?
I spent the majority of the week going to various places with my Mom. Tagging along like a three year old that is too young to stay home by myself. It was fun and we had a lot of good conversation, which I hope was more intelligent than if I was actually a three year old but just as fun. Ah the old days.
I was very lucky during my time in Seattle and had the pleasure of staying with one of my best friends' from college days, Meghan (same one from the next photo), at her parent's house in Wallingford. Thank you so much Helsels! Unfortunately I don't have a picture of them but you don't need a picture when you can take my word for the fact that it did happen and they are great people. I made my time in Seattle having such a relaxing place to stay at.
Besides spending time loafing around the Helsel home while I was in Seattle I spent the first couple days helping my friend Amy find a wedding dress and throwing her a bridal shower! It was great! She lives in Alaska now so she just doesn't have the selection up there to get the gown of her dreams. Luckily they did in Seattle and the dress, along with all the bridesmaid dresses, are ordered and paid for! But it did take all week to find it. In reality a week is not very long, she did a great job. I think the average bride must take more like a month or two to find the right dress.
Here is Amy (in pink) with her Mom and our friend Meghan at the end of our first day of the dress search!
I also was able to find time to visit with lots of friends! Such as the fabulous Jernberg family (from left: Tim, Abby, Andrew & Elizabeth) and the wonderful Maureen Bennett (w/ A. Calder's "Eagle" in the background at the new SAM Sculpture Park).
Here you can see how happy our friend Corey is about the convertible.
This post is getting really long so I'm going to skip the cribbage tournament and Theo will have to do a complete post with it later.
The long and the short of it is that we had a great time! Thanks y'all!

4 Comments:
Yay for being nostalgic! The corgie is cute! Way to give birth Missy, you look great! I had so much fun with you up here, here's to many more fun trips:)
Glad you both had such a nice time, but sad that my little buddy was illin' the whole time.
I miss you guys! But I love the pictures of the plains and the mountains. Nothing can beat the Northwest...
Wow, what a whirlwind visit! It was great seeing you both at the wedding.
Luv~
Post a Comment
<< Home