Friday, January 30, 2009

Sick for a week

I don't know where this thing came from but I have been sick since last Sunday.

I think it came from the communal cream cheese knife which I used to spread the cream cheese on my bagel after church. I just happened to finish eating my bagel when something got in my eye and I had to take out my contact to get it out. Who knows what it even was, maybe an eyelash.

I was feverish from Sunday afternoon through Monday night.
(I thought maybe I should try and stay with someone so that I don't get Theo sick this week.)
The fever left behind a nasty cold that seems to be clinging to me with voracity.

I didn't work Monday or Tuesday.
I did try to work on Tuesday afternoon but my boss sent me home from the art foundation saying, "This is an art foundation, everything can wait until you get better."

Theo came home sick from work on Tuesday afternoon and has been home ever since. He has gone through the same sequence of fevered nasty cold. And I wish that I had acted on impulse to go stay with someone else but who knows these things?

I was feeling practically normal yesterday. I thought, if I feel this good today, maybe Theo will feel the same tomorrow and then there will only be work lots this week.

Now we are both home sick on Friday. He won't be playing the show he has been looking forward to for the last month. I am to blame. Me, my hacking cough and the communal cream cheese knife.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Di (not Dee) said...

Meg, don't feel so bad. If you'd stayed w/ a friend, you would've infected him or her. There's not much you could do, once you got sick yourself. I hope you're feeling better now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home