Sunday, August 31, 2008

Daily Values with Theo


Tonight I spent a good portion of the evening taking an inventory of what I ate today. Since I've been running so much trying to prepare for a marathon in 6 short weeks, I was curious how many calories, carbs, fats, and proteins I've been consuming and how it compares to what I should be eating.

Today I ran 13 miles which burned approximately 1700 calories. That means I probably need to eat an additional 1700 calories on top of everyone's typical 2000. I also read that the percentages that I should be eating should be about 70% carbs, 20% protein, 10% fats. Here's what I found:

Today I ate 3557 calories of which were 66% carbs, 16% protein, and 18% fat.

Was this very eye-opening... not really. The biggest surprise for me was how much sodium those veggie tamales had. I was also surprised at how much fat and carbs granola has. I cup is close to 500 calories! That's the equivalent of an apple fritter. I haven't fluctuated more than 1/2 lb. since I started the training so I figured I was getting enough, I guess I was just curious. I love nutrition.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger The Corey said...

And we love you our little running Theo.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger elle_78 said...

when are you going to meet up with cousin amy now that she's your neighbor? i need to make an east coast visit.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theo,
I think you've been thinking a lot about this- but remember with our metabolism, we aren't built the same as mere mortals. No matter what you eat- you will not gain weight- it's genetic. Now, if you don't eat, you will lose weight, but that's about it. Do you get grumpy when you don't eat? I think that is genetic too!
JP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home