My Great Grandma's Blanket
Anyway, I have used this blanket for years now and it's trying to show it's age. I think the hardest wear it's had has been these past four + years since Theo and I have been married. Yes, Theo is secure in having a light pink blanket on our bed, and it's probably the only pink item in our possession because I am not a pink person. For the past couple years it has needed a replacement, however I can't bring myself to let it go. Most of the damage is on the edges where the satin binding tape is connected to the blanket. So I decided I would revitalize it with some handy-work on my sewing machine. I found this fabric among the bounty of random fabric I have been squirreling away and thought it would be a fun update as well as getting the job done. Many hours later here we are and I am so glad I did this! I think I added another 10 years at least to the blanket's life.

2 Comments:
I'm glad you did this because it was always a pain when I'd wake up at night with my arms and legs through the holes. It made me feel like I was ruining your precious blanket. Nice work honey!
I have my grampa's sextant. He was the captain of a ship. It looks something like this: http://www.robinsdocksideshop.com/Sextant_6in_al4849.jpg I love that thing, though I have no practical use for it. Think you can turn it into a blanket for me?
Post a Comment
<< Home