Monday, November 23, 2009

Rose Hips!

I began hearing about Rose Tea about one month ago. If you have not heard of it yet you need to look into it. The rosehip has long been valued for its refrigerant and astringent properties. It is very well-known for its high concentration of Vitamin C.

Rosehip Tea BenefitsThe leaves of the Dog Rose, when dried and infused in boiling water, have often been used as a substitute for tea and have a grateful smell and sub-astringent taste. The flowers, gathered in the bud and dried, are said to be more astringent than the Red Roses.

Some of the health benefits of drinking rosehip tea include: strengthening to the stomach; combating diarrhea; fighting dysentery; it is good for coughs and spitting of blood; can be used to help treat distempers of the breast; and can also help break the stone and to ease and help the colic.

You can make your own tea at home from roses in your garden or look for it in sachets or loose. It tends to be expensive but I found some plain rosehips at guess where - the Co-op! If you want to try and make it from your own roses here is a link that could be helpful. Otherwise I'm just using the hips I found like you would any other loose tea.

Rose Hip Tea - Rose Hip Recipe | Make Your Own Rose Hip

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Di (not Dee) said...

I will have to try this. I love all things tea related, and 'tis the season for warm drinks, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home